August 13, 2012

Bottled Nerve-Amma

This massage therapist has long searched for the magnum of massage oils. Somewhere, somehow, there is an oil out there that will take inflammation, anxiety and tension out of clients.
         
Oils are not the only source of relief in massage, but I figure if there is oil out there, a certain blend, that will send people out to never-never land, I am going to find it.
         
My candidates:
·       Clear, cold pressed sesame oil blended with a touch of neroli, an essential oil made from citrus leaves. This is subtle, wafting, not-too-sweet and shifts people from drive to neutral. Fantastic scalp and face massage.
·       A tiny drop of sweet birch essential oil added to clear and cold-pressed castor oil. This is very thick oil for scruffy feet and elbows. The birch adds something refreshing between a mint-y and, oddly, an earthy aroma.
·       Myrrh, rose and sandalwood oils added to plain, uncooked avocado or rice bran oil. These pretty much lead to a coma, but I use these sparingly. As great as they are, these scents are often used for funerals. I don’t want any crossover.
·       Magnesium sulfate lotions added on the worst zone - at the last pass of a Swedish massage for fibro or workout soreness. I’ve also seen other therapists using magnesium and sulphers in moderation.

Do I seek the mythological fountain of relax? Yes. I could have a less noble hobby.
         
Now spill, so to speak. What is your favorite curare blow-dart oil for the highly stressed?

3 comments:

Infrared Sauna Melbourne said...

I love to try this style.

Lovelyn said...

I like to use sesame oil with a few drops of pink grapefruit, basil and peppermint essential oils. It smells like heaven.

Anonymous said...

Ooh..that sounds good..what do you think about marayan oil? Peppermint and clove in sesame? Sue