December 7, 2011

Clients Say the Darndest Things


It's the time of year when I can enjoy the lively recollections of table-talk from my massage clients.

My favorite Thanksgiving comment this year: "l love my parents but thank g-- they live in New York."

What pops out of people's mouths in a session can be very touching, funny, sad and true.

Nothing brings people to share more than close quarters with their extended families.

Some more favorites:

"No matter how many times I try to change subject to the weather or the dog, my sister manages to start WWIII."

"My family had plenty to talk about at dinner this year. I refused to cook so now I'm the Grinch and Scrooge."

"Next year we are going to Ecuador so we can get out of seeing everyone."

"This is our first year without mom. We sat around and told funny stories about how she would trick us into behaving while she cooked."

"We had Chinese food and went to see the Muppets."

"My gift-wish this year is for the kids to get jobs and move out."

"What happens during Thanksgiving dinner usually comes up again during Christmas."

Yep, it's my busiest time of year Thank heaven for the holidays. Perhaps I should order extra oil. Happy Holidays!

No comments: