September 12, 2011

Body Speech

Inevitably, there is some time some where in the course of doing massages, in which one could swear the tissues are talking. Well, not talking like disembodied voices or anything, but definitely communicating something of importance to the therapist.

Before ya’ll run for the exits, let me explain.

It might be a little nuance, a clue or just some straight-out twitching, but sometimes the body seems to have its own communication, its own language, and we, the massage therapists are the witnesses. I can’t say it is Charlton Heston on the mount, it is more like the body presents with “now you know what I know, and that sharing is going to make things much better from now on.”

I think that is pretty strange, but every so often it is there. The stuck part softens, opens up, drops whatever it was that it was holding onto that was interfering with its normal function. Is it the classic “melting?” Well yes, and more. It’s a sharing, a release and a bit of a revival.

So I’m not sure what is going on, but I can sense some good things happening in an area that has needed help. I don’t see auras or outlines or movie time reels or that stuff, but I suspect I am feeling the client’s feelings that were buried there.

Not exactly spooky or anything, but just kind of there. Contact.


No comments: