August 22, 2011

Fun at The Relax Shop

I must report that Lynna Dunn's flooded-office story gave me flashbacks.

Consider this a bouquet or fruit basket, of sorts.

One Monday morning I arrived at my hotel day spa's massage room and saw the door to the gym next door wide open and giant hair dryers going full blast.

"We had a pipe break last night," one of the maintenance men told me.

"What about my room," I asked. They looked at each other and then back at me.

"We haven't looked."

I opened the door slowly, just as my Monday morning regular client appeared for his appointment.

The room looked OK. I stepped onto the carpet and heard a wet sqwooch. The room had two inches of water.

"I can reschedule your appointment," I said.

"I have a migraine. I don't care if the floor is wet," Mr. Monday said. "I need a massage."

While I waited in the hall for the client to get on the table, the two maintenance guys stared at me.

I fought the urge to say something and then gave up. "Ever have a migraine? Trust me, they suck!" I said. "Can you guys come back in an hour?"

Just another Monday in the spa biz...Sqwooch!

1 comment:

MissedCongeniality said...

I get migraines. I'd have taken the massage on a sqwooshy table if necessary. You are SO right, they suck.